Saturday, November 12, 2005

Midway Arcade machine arrives at Target

While not officially scheduled for release until November 15, the Midway Home Use Arcade Machine arrived at my local Target tonight and I took some pictures. This is a demo unit that was set up in the electronic department. I apologize if these are kinda blurry, but the camera phone is the only way to go if I'm sneaking around taking pictures of stuff I'm not supposed to. Full Unit Demo sticker In Box 6 Button controls! None of these games use 6 Buttons so hopefully you will be able to hook up game consoles into the arcade controls instead of just the monitor as I've seen previously reported. Also I should note this unit is in fact very small. Its definitely too small for an adult my size to play comfortably unless I get a stool to sit down or put the cabinet on a riser. It wasn't long after it was set up that I spotted a young girl playing, and it became fairly obvious to me that this box is for kids. Even though the price tag ($499!) is high, its a treat for children of well-to-do parents. Overall I like what I see, and even more I like the concept and possibilities. 3 Years ago Activision released their first "TV Games" collection of 2600 titles and the tech has become so popular theres are dozens of old games in controllers and even new games (with Batman, Star Wars, Sponge Bob, etc). If this Midway cabinet takes off, I can easily see a similar Namco or Capcom box hitting the market in a couple years. digg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home