Sunday, December 18, 2005

On Mario Kart DS and the future of NiWiFi

A recent conversation...

Zachery Shipley: are friend codes different for different games on DS? Zachery Shipley: hi, i've got add aDam: Ah. Yeah it's different for each game because it's for both teh game and DS. aDam: Not sure how portable it is if you change systems and try to use the same guy. Zachery Shipley: damn. I was going to try to make some form for profiles on the board where you just just have your friendcode or xbox live tag or whatever just be part of your profile aDam: Ah.. yeah don't think that would work. would need to have all the different games in there which is a bit annoying. Zachery Shipley: well... i guess we'll just have to come up with an interesting way of sharing them via signatures or some big thread. aDam: Hm.. yeah I don't really know... a pinned thread would work I suppose. Zachery Shipley: I hope nintendo comes up with a better account situation for the Rev. i mean, I don't expect something as robust as xbox live for free, but i'd hope that I don't have to enter a good friend's new info every time we get new games aDam: Yeah. It's quite annoying. Plus I find it difficult getting games organised with friends the way it is. Zachery Shipley: I spoke with caleb about this Zachery Shipley: once I get a wireless router in my apt, I'm going to try to organize a game night like once a month aDam: Solid idea. Zachery Shipley: get everyone online on whatever Zachery Shipley: i mean, I know more people with Mario Kart than with Halo 2 now, but I can see my xbox friends list on a web page without firing up the game so finding friends it easy. aDam: Damn... good function they have there... aDam: And for Mario Kart you pretty much have to be sitting there trying to connect to the friends network for anyone to see you. Zachery Shipley: thats kinda bullshit. aDam: And we were 4 trying to go at once. Could never get more than a 2 player friends game. I'm not convinced such a thing is possible using the wi-fi. Zachery Shipley: I was informed only race is available and that battle maps are left for ad-hoc wireless connections Zachery Shipley: I can see they still have a LONG way to go with this thing. aDam: Yeah. Was no option for battle when I did it. aDam: Yeah. And since MK is launched I don't htink there's much they can do about the existing system. Zachery Shipley: well there will be another MK and it'll get better aDam: Well yeah but you don't want to buy a new game every year just becuase that's their way of patching. Zachery Shipley: i mean, MK has has hit GBA, GCN, and DS in the space of 4 years aDam: True enough. Zachery Shipley: I'd kill for an MK game that came with a map editor or a means to download new tracks 11:20 PM aDam: Oh yeah. That woudl be sweet. aDam: It would be hard to do with the DS but maybe with the revolution that would be possible. aDam: But if there's no HD it might be hard to save a whole map on a memory card depending on their size. Zachery Shipley: storage is a big issue. aDam: w0rd! As much as I hate the X-Box their HD idea is good. An expensive way to go though. Zachery Shipley: Its not like the xbox and nintendo are right or wrong Zachery Shipley: theres just this way of doing things, and each are right aDam: Yeah. Good point. Zachery Shipley: microsoft keeps going bigger. it drives the price up, but you get what you pay for aDam: I think the gamecube is a really solid system. Cheap with good games. Zachery Shipley: nintendo flat our refuses to make something that expensive, and i gotta applaud that aDam: Yeah. X-box is good for the shooters and sports games and such. They're not my bag but it's more stable than a PC for sure. aDam: Well they have a point. Do most nintendo gamers really care about the processor's speed or anything like that? They just want some fun gmae. Zachery Shipley: skimp some features, but you'll never go broke on launch day with nintendo aDam: w0rd! Zachery Shipley: well even the cube's design and internal workings were pretty exciting when they were released. it is stronger than the PS2. aDam: HAhaha. The curse of coming out first. Perhaps X-Box will carry that burden this time. Zachery Shipley: but its never been important to someone who wants a Zelda game aDam: OH yeah. they did a good job technially with this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zac said...

I probably would've edited out my last name and time stamps but I'm too lazy.

12/19/2005 06:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home